Under the nbn network initiative, a multi-technology mix (MTM) of fibre to the premises (FTTP), fibre to the basement (FTTB) fibre to the node (FTTN), fibre to the curb (FTTC) and Hybrid Fibre Coaxial Cable (HFC) will be rolled out, on a region-by-region basis, to 92% of Australia’s premises. The remaining 8% will be served by either fixed wireless or satellite technologies.
Telstra’s migration plan sets out the steps it will take to disconnect voice and broadband services on its copper and HFC networks.
Transitioning services from Telstra’s legacy copper and HFC network to the nbn?network requires a co-ordinated approach from the whole industry. As a network provider, we have additional requirements to assist in the successful transition of services by retail service providers to the nbn network.
Related articles from Wholesale Connect